The Human Library Project

Decatur Library 215 Sycamore Street, Decatur, GA

The Human Library Project The Human Library Project, presented by the DeKalb County Public Library and the DeKalb Library Foundation, provides a safe space for readers to "check out" a "living book" and engage in conversations that explore the stereotypes and prejudices that separate us, as well as the similarities that connect us. The event […]

Georgia Agriculture I: Feeding Myself, Feeding My Community

Georgia State Capitol 206 Washington Street, Atlanta, GA

Georgia Agriculture I: Feeding Myself, Feeding my Community Georgia Agriculture I: Feeding Myself, Feeding My Community is the latest installment of the Capitol History Highlights educational programming series highlighting the many historical sites, artifacts, and portraits throughout the Georgia State Capitol, presented by the Georgia Capitol Museum. In Capitol History Highlights’ newest program, attendees will learn […]

The Influence of the Agriculture and Timber Industries in Randolph County and Southwest Georgia

Railroad Depot 58 Park Avenue, Shellman, Georgia

The Influence of the Agriculture and Timber Industries in Randolph County and Southwest Georgia The Influence of the Agriculture and Timber Industries in Randolph County and Southwest Georgia is an accompanying program of the traveling Smithsonian exhibition, Crossroads: Change in Rural America,  sponsored by the Randolph County community. Held at the Railroad Depot in Shellman, the […]

Lillian Smith: Breaking the Silence Documentary Q&A Session

Lillian Smith: Breaking the Silence Documentary Q&A Session Join the Columbus Museum for an online Q&A session on the documentary film Lillian Smith: Breaking the Silence. The discussion will feature filmmakers Hal and Henry Jacobs; Nick Norwood, Director of the Carson McCullers Center for Writers and Musicians; and Patricia Bell-Scott, a women's studies scholar and […]

VIRTUAL EVENT—Political Protest and the 2020 Elections

Political Protest and the 2020 Elections This online panel discussion, "Political Protest and the 2020 Elections," is the first of the fall 2020 series, "Ethics and the 2020 Elections," presented by the Jean Beer Blumenfeld Center for Ethics at Georgia State University. This discussion of the ethics of political protest will feature scholars Candice Delmas, […]

VIRTUAL EVENT—Health Care Access and the 2020 Elections

Health Care Access and the 2020 Elections This online panel discussion, "Health Care Access and the 2020 Elections," is the second of the fall 2020 series, "Ethics and the 2020 Elections," presented by the Jean Beer Blumenfeld Center for Ethics at Georgia State University. This discussion will consider how health care affects, and should affect, […]

VIRTUAL EVENT—Democracy and the Informed Citizen

Democracy and the Informed Citizen What is the role of journalism in society? With so much information coming at us all the time, how should we know what to believe? What are the responsibilities of the public to protect free speech, local news, and to be informed, for the good of our democracy? Join GPB […]

VIRTUAL EVENT—Ballot Access, Voter Fraud, and Voter Suppression

Ballot Access, Voter Fraud, and Voter Suppression The virtual panel discussion, “Ballot Access, Voter Fraud, and Voter Suppression,” hosted by the Jean Beer Blumenfeld Center for Ethics at Georgia State University, will discuss criticisms of the upcoming election in the United States, focusing on such issues as ballot access (particularly in underrepresented communities), the evidence […]

Founding Stories: Oral Histories of Grassroots Atlanta

Founding Stories: Oral Histories of Grassroots Atlanta Join Art Papers for Founding Stories: Oral Histories of Grassroots Atlanta, a decade-by-decade series of virtual talks exploring the founding stories of a selection of Atlanta’s DIY and artist-run spaces. Founders of some of Atlanta’s most beloved and remembered spaces will discuss how these organizations came into existence. What […]

VIRTUAL EVENT—”Is it OK to Ignore Politics?”

"Is it OK to Ignore Politics?"  Christopher Freiman, author of Why it's OK to Ignore Politics (2020), argues there is no obligation for individuals to be politically aware or politically active, and suggests that people can do more good in other ways. In "Is it OK to Ignore Politics?," a virtual panel discussion, Freiman will […]

Start typing and press Enter to search