Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities
Georgia Humanities, in partnership with the Office of the Governor and the Georgia Council for the Arts, sponsors the annual Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities.
The awards recognize and honor individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the civic or cultural vitality of the state.
From 1986 to 2011 Georgia Humanities recognized local community members and organizations that worked to increase the understanding and appreciation of the humanities in our state with the Governor’s Awards in the Humanities. In 2012 Georgia Humanities joined forces with the Georgia Council for the Arts and the Office of the Governor to launch the Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities.
Call For Nominations
Nominations are now closed for the 2023 Governor’s Awards. Recipients will be notified in mid-August.
2022 Award Winners
- Georgia Museums, Bartow County
- Perry Area Historical Society, Houston County
- Thomasville Entertainment Foundation, Thomas County
- Heartbound Ministries, Fulton County
- Annie Greene, Troup County
- Dr. Jeffrey Green, Sumter County
- Alan Rothschild, Muscogee County
- Rev. Dr. Dwight D. Andrews, DeKalb & Fulton Counties
- Christopher Moses, Fulton County
- Tom Asher, Fulton County