Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities
Georgia Humanities, in partnership with the Office of the Governor and the Georgia Council for the Arts, sponsors the annual Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities. These awards recognize and honor individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the civic or cultural vitality of the state.
From 1986 to 2011 Georgia Humanities recognized local community members and organizations that worked to increase the understanding and appreciation of the humanities in our state with the Governor’s Awards in the Humanities. In 2012 Georgia Humanities joined forces with the Georgia Council for the Arts and the Office of the Governor to launch the Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities.
Information regarding the nomination process for the 2020 Governor’s Awards will be available in the spring.
- Lucinda W. Bunnen, Atlanta
- Common Good Atlanta, Atlanta
- Hermina Glass-Hill, Kennesaw and Midway
- Christopher Johnson, Cuthbert and Columbus
- Madison-Morgan Conservancy, Madison-Morgan County
- Jessye Norman School of the Arts, Augusta and Richmond County
- Kathy Prescott and Grady Thrasher, Athens and Atlanta
- Rick McKnight, Columbus
- Mercer University Press, Macon
- Angelica Hairston, Atlanta