Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities
Georgia Humanities, in partnership with the Office of the Governor and the Georgia Council for the Arts, sponsors the annual Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities.
The awards recognize and honor individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the civic or cultural vitality of the state.
From 1986 to 2011 Georgia Humanities recognized local community members and organizations that worked to increase the understanding and appreciation of the humanities in our state with the Governor’s Awards in the Humanities. In 2012 Georgia Humanities joined forces with the Georgia Council for the Arts and the Office of the Governor to launch the Governor’s Awards for the Arts & Humanities.
- Jonathan S.E. Perkins, Muscogee County
- Dr. Karan Berryman Pittman, Randolph County
- Harold Rittenberry, Clarke County
- Morris Robinson, Fayette County
- Mack Scogin and Merrill Elam, Fulton County
- Altama Museum, Toombs County
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival, Fulton County
- Ballethnic Dance Company, Fulton County
- Historic Rural Churches of Georgia, Statewide
- Otis Redding Foundation, Bibb County